[Lazarus] Size of program executable very big...

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Feb 19 20:24:32 CET 2011

On 2/19/2011 07:15, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Mattias Gaertner schrieb:
>
>> When you create a new build mode in Lazarus the current one is copied.
>
> Why that?
>
> When I want to maintain different branches of a project, I can already save the
> project under a new name. But IMO Release and Debug versions only should change
> compiler options, not the units.

i kinda wondered the same thing... but then i thought about it a little more and
realized that one could have "debug" units and include files that are the same
as the release ones but without the debug stuff included...

another thing is do you really want to rebuild everything in your project when
switching modes and including (or not) all the additional debug info?

yes, i know the above could easily be handled with a define but not everyone
thinks or operates the same way ;)