[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Feb 21 08:36:15 CET 2011

On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 08:39:05 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>Op 2011-02-19 16:11, Bo Berglund het geskryf:
>>
>> Is this bad practice with FPC/Lazarus?
>
>I don't think so. At least in my FPC-base programs I have always
>preferred putting things first in the implementation uses clause before
>the interface uses clause. As the old design statement goes.... On make
>things public when really needed.
>
>Contrary to Mattias statement - this reduces circular unit references in
>my case/applications. I could never understand how Mattias thinks otherwise.

In my past Delphi experience I was hit by circular references when
placing my own units in the interface uses so I moved them to the
implementation uses.
Ever since then I have refrained from putting anything into Interface
uses that is not explicitly needed by stuff in the interface.
Has worked fine in all versions of Delphi that I have used (all from
D1-D7 and then BDS2006 too).

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden