[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 21 21:14:02 CET 2011

On 21.02.2011 07:49, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Op 2011-02-19 18:47, Mattias Gaertner het geskryf:
>> It is not the first time that people added implementation uses sections
>> to the Lazarus code, creating circular dependencies, which lead
>> weeks/months later to strange errors.
>
> I have yet to see such an example - and least this has never happened in
> my years of working with Object Pascal, Delphi, FPC. Lazarus IDE is the
> only project I have ever heard of such problems so....

In our code at work I'm currently often archieving this with Delphi:
Sometimes I change a bit in the implementation section of one of our
core components (you don't want to know what a "big thing that does
everything" that is... :( ) and when compiling the package Delphi claims
that the unit references itself. I have not yet checked whether this is
really the case (huge uses clauses... maybe I should use a tool that
plots a nice graph of used units ^^), but compiling a second time
usually solves this issue.

Regards,
Sven