[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 00:51:20 CET 2011

Florian Klaempfl schrieb:

> It is a known issue for years that FPC gets rarely into trouble with
> complex circular unit dependencies. The problem is the recursive design
> of the unit loader. However, nobody volounteered yet to fix it :(

Volunteered yes, but not accepted :-(

The main problem I spotted is not the recursive loading, but the
retrieval of cached units. A related problem are all the global
variables, that are not always updated in sync. This can lead to
different "opinions", about compiled ppu modules and their source files,
or about recompile reasons and state.

The pragma "FPC is an production compiler" effectively disallows to
introduce safe (OO...) methods into the compiler code, so that we'll
have to live forever with obscure compiler bugs :-(

DoDi