[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 08:35:09 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-21 22:14, Sven Barth het geskryf:

> In our code at work I'm currently often archieving this with Delphi:

So the problem is not only limited to FPC.

> plots a nice graph of used units ^^), but compiling a second time
> usually solves this issue.

Exactly.... and that means the code is valid syntax (otherwise it would
never have compiled at all), but the compiler gets confused. The problem
sits with the compiler, not the code. This is what I was trying to get
across to Mattias and his example of the Lazarus IDE project. No point
in recommending all developers changes their style of coding, when the
issue is in the compiler - not the language. Rather try and fix the
cause of the problem, not the symptom.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/