[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Tue Feb 22 10:28:22 CET 2011

Am 22.02.2011 09:58, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Op 2011-02-22 10:44, Florian Klaempfl het geskryf:
>> Delphi clone/non delphi clone? Does it ring bells? You always tell us:
>> don't do a delphi clone. Then we don't do it and you cry.
>
> Well make up your bloody mind??? If you want to make FPC a Delphi clone,
> then stick to it. Having some areas cloned and some not, makes things a
> little annoying.

No problem, if you don't troll, somebody else will.

> That was what I was complaining about that time.

You followed the generics discussions?

> An NO, I'll never shed a tear over FPC - that's all your wishful thinking.

I'am glad to hear that you're always happy about FPC :)

>> An even better argument not to change it :) Even in ObjFPC mode a string
>> is a shortstring for years.
>
> Out of curiosity, why does ObjFPC mode default to ShortString and not
> AnsiString?

Why break existing code for nothing? Such a change would simply steel
people their time while the gain is zero: people interested in string =
ansistrings can either add $H/-Sh to their project when migrating from
shortstring to ansistring or they can replace explicitly string by
ansistring.