[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 11:25:00 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-22 12:08, John het geskryf:
> string was added to Dephi a *long* time ago.  Also simply less typing,
> more readable if I always know that a string is just a string.

There is no such thing as "just a string" or "plain text". All text have
some encoding defined/associated to them. ;-)

> ... or redeclare string as ansistring, or something,

I still hope to make this a possibility. Same goes for a compiler
switch. Only closer to the time one will be able to say if it is
feasible or not. We all hope FPC can be a little more accommodating that
Delphi was in this respect.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/