[Lazarus] Identifier not found, but code completion works....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 15:18:04 CET 2011

Alexander Klenin schrieb:

> That said, I really believe that any circular unit dependency is a (design) bug.

Ah, that's why the FPC compiler is so buggy ;-)

>> If ever, such a feature should at least allow to
>> suppress warnings about well known and unbreakable loops.
>
> Sure. I have even suggested the warning to be disabled by default.
>
> Anyway, it seems that there is no chance of this happening in FPC.

Tools to analyze unit references exist already :-)

> Maybe if you at last create your own fork ;-)

I've already created such a fork: SourceForge.FpcExt :-)

Unfortunately the new SF interface seems to be broken a bit, so that I
cannot delete the old (usesless) repository, and cannot show the two
repositories for the compiler and documentation :-(

It also is hard to keep that compiler in sync with the trunk, when so
many parts are moved into other units.

Currently I try to fix the most annoying bugs and flaws in the Lazarus
IDE, so that I can use it as I like it. And in the documentation and
help tools, that is in desastrous state :-(
Having done that, I may resume my work on FPC...

DoDi