[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 23 12:20:52 CET 2011

On 02/22/2011 04:32 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Generic types should never evolve in a breaking way.

The generic type String once was intended to hold entities of the
generic type char (=character), and char was meant to hold a complete
(maybe) printable thingy in an 8 bit encoding.

So this is definitely broken when the library functions enforce storing
multi-byte characters in an (alias of) String.

(I don't want to judge that this way to go is wrong, I only want to
state that it absolutely "evolves a generic type in a breaking way".

-Michael