[Lazarus] Portable way to get accurate timestamps?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 19:28:31 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:50:26 +0100, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>Am 22.02.2011 16:02, schrieb Bo Berglund:
>> Have to look elsewhere.
>
>The only really usable solution might be to attach an external time
>source to your PC and use that time signal.
>
>I don't know of a suitable hardware though (I haven't yet done anything
>related to such accurate timings).

I found one interesting example here (now we are getting OT...):
http://www.lammertbies.nl/comm/info/GPS-time.html

It uses a Garmin GPS 18x LVC sensor with bare wire attachments. One
wire contains the PPS (pulse per second) output, which generates one
pulse of 100 ms every second and starts within a microsecond of UTC
second transition!

The page also contains instructions on how to make a Linux time server
based on this device.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden