[Lazarus] FW: *** ECN: Lazarus or Delphi 5 version of TwhForm2HTML

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Thu Feb 24 10:23:53 CET 2011

Hi Sven,

> Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 16:52:14 +0100
> From: pascaldragon at googlemail.com
> To: lazarus at lists.lazarus.freepascal.org
> Subject: Re: [Lazarus] FW: *** ECN: Lazarus or Delphi 5 version of	TwhForm2HTML
>
> Am 23.02.2011 16:06, schrieb Peter Williams:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have been working on a project from Delphi 3 from Ann Lynnworth which
> > is Delphi form to html conversion tool.
> >
> > It was written for Ann's company and she has kindly offered it to the
> > Lazarus community under this licence (originally commercial I believe):
> >
> >  > http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/
> >  >
> >  > Payment is by donation, at the discretion of any developer.
> >
> > 1) I have made some progress with the code but I am stuck on how to
> > install it as a registered component. Help please. I believe that the
> > code exists for adding in it Delphi 3 (in this project)... it is just a
> > matter of me using it in Lazarus.
> >

> If that component is released as CreateCommons now, where can I find the
> (original) source of it? I've looked at the href.com page and haven't
> found it yet...

At the moment there exists only 2 copies of the source code: (1) Ann Lynneworth has the original code with her company; and (2) I have a slightly later copy which I have been working on.
The original code is copyright to Ann's company and sold for US$99 and was only available by purchasing the software. The new Lazarus version will be under the CreativeCommons licence.
I have found some documented procedures for detecting and calling the default web browser which I want to add to the software (probably) before releasing it.
> As I weren't yet able to look at the code I'll have to guess regarding > your problem:
> You need to put the component into a Lazarus package (create a new
> package and add all units to it). Then you need to mark all units that
> contain a Register procedure as such (at the bottom of the package are
> two check boxes, one of them is for units with "register" procedures).
> Then you need to install this package into the IDE (of course you need
> to recompile the IDE then).

Yes, that's basically what I needed to know. I will need to check as there *may* already be some Delphi 3 code which does this in the component. I expect that there should be.
I am not the original author of it. I am however, the second author to work on this code, on Ann's behalf.

> > 2) We need to set up a repository for this project with TortoiseSVN and
> > Windows on my system. I have the code and I would like to be the point
> > of contact for alll changes to it.
> >

> If it is indeed released as CreativeCommons, what about adding it to the
> Lazarus Code and Component Repository on SourceForge?
What is the procedure for doing this?
Ann has nominated CreativeCommons as the licence which is *will* be released under, however, it needs to be finished before it should be released, in my opinion.
I refer to the change I mentioned above re checking for default browser (so as to make it fully cross-platform). This code is document on the Lazarus website, so it should not be a big deal once I can work out *where* the code needs to be amended/inserted.

> > All help will be appreciated. I will post the code when I know how to
> > set up a repository.
> >
> > I have more changes to make, but they will wait until I get some answers.
>
> Regards,
> Sven

Best Regards,	pew