[Lazarus] Portable way to get accurate timestamps?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 12:58:44 CET 2011

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011 09:44:55 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>I really don't understand why you invest so much effort in the fruitless
>try to deal with mSec accuracy in a Linux user land program.

Maybe, but you don't know what I am after, right?

I need to synchronize two separated units such that they operate in
the same time even though they cannot be connected to each other. The
only thing I can think of is to use time sync and this in turn depends
on the ability to retrieve a sensibly good time reference.

It seems like I am out of luck doing this with readily available
hardware such as PC:s, notebooks or embedded linux cards running
software (in this case an FPC application) so I have to bite the
bullet and design a printed circuit board with the necessary
microprocessor, port and GPS parts and do it in hardware + software
very close to the hardware instead...
But then I can get microsecond synchronism or close to it.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden