[Lazarus] Causing bluescreen on windows by move() procedure

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sat Feb 26 20:24:56 CET 2011

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 19:29:48 +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:

>Bo Berglund schrieb:
>
>> So it could be the Prolific USB-to-Serial driver then maybe?
>
>Very likely :-(
>
>BTW, is that a MS-certified driver?
I think so, in fact Windows Update found a Prolific driver by itself.
But it turned out to be real bad and then I searcehd the web and found
a download on Prolific's website that solved all obvious problems I
had with the prevcious one. So far it has worked seemingly perfect
(until the BSOD that is).

>> For example if the port is opened at one baudrate bu the source sends
>> a lot of data at a much lower baudrate?
>
>Most probably the driver has not been tested for proper handling of
>framing errors.

OK.

--
Bo Berglund