[Lazarus] VFI

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 01:20:43 CET 2011

Hi

I started to test the Visual Form Inheritance feature after reading about
Michael Van Canneyt's many forms.
I never really used that feature in Delphi myself.

In:
 File -> New... -> Inherited Item -> Inherited Component
there are the existing forms of the current project. A new inherited form can
be made based on them.
IMO the header "Inherited Component" is wrong. It should be "Inherited Form".
It is misleading because also components can be inherited but these are not
components.
How to register other forms there?

I found:
 http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_Development#VFI_-
_Visual_Form_Inheritance

which seems valid. The feature mostly works but has couple of small issues.

Juha