[Lazarus] Project conversion Delphi -> FreePascal: success!

Birger Jansen birger at cnoc.nl
Mon Jan 3 12:38:17 CET 2011

Hi Darius,

> The list is definitely of interest to me and others! If possible please
> create patches and add them to the bug tracker. This will help not only
> future conversions but "ordinary" projects as well.

I'll clean up the list and post it on the mailing list. I didn't need to create any patches, most of the work was just to find out the Lazarus / FPC way of doing Delphi stuff and making some libraries work.

Some patches that I needed (for generics and class functions) were already supplied by the team within a matter of hours after I submitted my problem. (Try that with Embarcadero...!)

Kind regards,
  Birger