[Lazarus] Cross-compile for ARM-Linux on a Windows host????

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 11:27:25 CET 2011

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:11:50 +0100, Sven Barth
<pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Strangely after a while I noticed that STILL my existing FPC was used
>> from my previous install from the windows installer....
>> How could the setup script find it?????
>
>Just a guess: the FPC directory is in your PATH variable.

Yes, originally it is. But I modified the setup.bat file as follows:
SET PATH = %systemroot%
is put in at the start of processing for mode 7 to get rid of that
connection....

But overnight I got it to work using brute force:
I renamed the C:\Programs\fpc dir to fpc.disable.
Then the setup.bat file worked. :-)

What I cannot understand is why this PATH change did not work,
normally a batch file that includes setting of the PATH variable means
that any other path is removed and for the running of the batch file
only the new settings are active. This is how I have arranged my
lazarus build batch files for example and they work just fine.
I have several such files for building lazarus using different FPC
versions.
--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden