[Lazarus] Project conversion Delphi -> FreePascal: success!

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 11:31:11 CET 2011

On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 11:12:50 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 01/04/2011 12:46 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> 2) The fortran code failed to translate when it turned out that
>> Fortran could change the type of a matrix multiplication depending on
>> the dimensions of the two input matrices.
>With Fortran in a function, the array idex bounds can be obtained from
>function parameters.
>
>This can be overcome by using dynamic arrays in Pascal.
>
>We (i.e. my son)  once created a library with some matrix
>calculation/solving functions using dynamic arrays as vector and Matrix
>types.
>
>This worked out very nicely, e.g. as Pivoting  results in very fast
>pointer operations that avoids moving the values around.
>
>-Michael

OK, maybe I will have a restart on that project...
In any case it has to be put off until my embedded project is done.
But then I have the nagging feeling that maybe the Pascal
implementation would not be as fast as the Fortran compiler's, which
would then slow down the number crunching for large models.

--

Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden