[Lazarus] No FPC sources on lazarus start....

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 4 18:35:10 CET 2011

Bo Berglund schrieb:
> I installed FPC on Win XP-Pro from the 2.4.2 installer.
> Then I retrieved the lazarus sources from SVN.
> Then I did make clean all for lazarus.
> All this worked OK.
>
> But now when I start lazarus it complains about missing fpc sources
> and it looks like the fpc 2.4.2 does indeed *not* deposit any source
> files...

For some obscure reason you have to download the FPC sources separately,
too.

AFAIR it's possible to download the sources only (even from SVN), then
set the path to the existing FPC bin directory, and do a "make clean
all". Afterwards a "make install" may be helpful (copies the binaries to
\PP\... by default), but some missing pieces (mostly exe's) should be
copied from the old bin directory as well - don't mix up 32 and 64 bit
tools!

DoDi