[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 14:43:52 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-05 15:05, Mark Morgan Lloyd het geskryf:

> Right, so you're saying that it's not integrated with Lazarus to the
> same extent that the LCL is. If that is the case I'm not sure that it's
> going to be a painless option for Bo.

Define integrated?  Here I have registered fpGUI project types (via the
File > New Project dialog), fpGUI includes a runtime package (*.lpk) so
Lazarus IDE can find the sources (no need to recompile the IDE for that or
fiddle with path settings), Ctrl+F12 launches the fpGUI UI Designer loading
the current file I am editing, closing the UI Designer after designing a
form causes Lazarus to auto-reload that changed file in the source editor
again, Ctrl+F1 does context sensitive search (via fpGUI's DocView) on
Object Pascal syntax and fpGUI framework classes, etc...  I'd say it's well
integrated. btw: everything I just mentioned works with MSEide too.

At least now Bo should know some of the options available to him, so he can
make an educated decision.

@Bo
I would also suggest you look at Paul Breneman's website. He has created
various pre-compiled FPC+fpGUI archives (1–3 MB in size) that you simply
need to unzip, to have a working development environment for embedded
devices (ARM and i386).

  http://www.turbocontrol.com/embeddedfreepascal.htm
  http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm
  http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm