[Lazarus] Project conversion Delphi -> FreePascal: success!

Salvatore Coppola coppolastudio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 08:37:21 CET 2011

2011/1/3 Birger Jansen <birger at cnoc.nl>

> Hi all,

Last month I converted a 500.000 lines Delphi project to FreePascal, and I
> wanted to thank those who replied to my questions over the mailing list and
> the whole FPC / Lazarus team for delivering a great product. Also all
> contributors to wiki pages, newsgroups and forums: thanks! Even the smallest
> pages or postings contained useful information and are a valuable source of
> information.
>
> The converted application is an output viewer for calculations based on the
> finite element method. It is intended for 2-Dimensional and 3-Dimensional
> geotechnical analysis of deformation and stability of soil structures, as
> well as groundwater and heat flow, in geo-engineering applications such as
> excavation, foundations, embankments and tunnels. (so this is a result
> viewer, the actual calculations are performed with another application).

Hi Jansen
although it is no longer my main job I am geotechnical engineer and I'm
curious on the finite elements application: did you do it? is it in pascal?
what is his name?
As for the viewer it look very professional so BRAVO!
Regard
Salvatore