[Lazarus] invisible break points??

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 7 13:25:19 CET 2011

Hello Lazarus-List,

AS>  Sounds like you had smart linking enabled. As a rule of thumb you
AS>  should have no optimizations enabled when debugging: optimization level
AS>  0 or 1 and most importantly no smart linking.

No, I do not have any kind of smartlinking active and my debug level
are always 1 or in some programs 0, never 2 or upper.

Maybe is the compiler which "removes" the code and not the linker (I'm
working mostly in Windows). But for sure if the code is not called
anywhere and you put a breakpoint there the next executable line will
stop the code, 99% of times a function/procedure entry.

Ah! another hint, in that cases the breakpoint does not change to
invalid breakpoint when run.

--
Best regards,
 José