[Lazarus] invisible break points??

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jan 8 02:08:22 CET 2011

On 08/01/2011 00:55, David Emerson wrote:

>> the symlinked files may come from old lpi/lps files ... either in
>> project file or in ~/.lazarus/projectsessions
>> the IDE did have issues creating some invalid pathes, but the ones I
>> knew of have been fixed (but pathes in lpi/lps would remain)
> I created a fresh project, and got rid of some old cruft. So we'll see if things
> work more smoothly from here on out.
>
> As for the breakpoint error, even creating the new project file did not
> eliminate the problem. After that, I fudged around a bit deleting files here
> and there, and the problem eventually disappeared. I'll have to get my
> brother's files again in order to re
>
>> Well it is already on mantis.....
> the symlink bug or the breakpoint problem?

The breakpoint problem => which basically is due to the apps console
output => which is on mantis, the link I included.

The symlink issue, is not stricly debugger related (even so of course it
can affect the debugger too)..
I can't tell you to much about it, not my domain of expertise (how
lazarus handles those). But I suggest to start a new thread, with
appropriate subject to get more people to notice it.
  => Oh well, yes about symlinks => check your fpc.cfg file too, or
package files.
If fpc puts a different path in the exe, than the one the IDE already
knows, then the IDE willl learn via gdb of the new path, and boom... =>
but again, it would have to be in some conf file first.

Martin