[Lazarus] invisible break points??

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 16:59:50 CET 2011

On 8 January 2011 09:28, David Emerson <dle3ab at angelbase.com> wrote:
> Yes it is. The problem is that the debugger is not working properly!!
>
> The solution is to redirect the program's writeln output, via the Run Parameters
> dialog. Using a simple posix-style redirect:  >writeln.log

As the other Martin suggested, simply use MSEide. Its debugging is
*much* better than Lazarus IDE, and debugging console apps is not a
problem, because MSEide has a special console output window as part of
the IDE. If you are developing for fpGUI anyway, you shouldn't have
any troubles switching IDE's. I switch constantly between Lazarus IDE
and MSEide, even for the same project. No offense to any one here, but
that is the beautify of free and open source software - no loyalty
required, simply switch to what works better. ;-)

  - Graeme -