[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 16:16:33 CET 2011

On 9 January 2011 12:44, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> I think it makes more sense to skip SDL and directly use the linux
> framebuffer.

The reasoning behind wanting to use SDL is so that I can target
multiple platforms with one backend. Maybe not ideal, but a quick fix
in supporting many platforms. Two platforms I am very interested in is
Linux Framebuffer (so as to bypass the horrible X11) and Haiku (pretty
amazing features and very fast).

Closer to the time, I'll take a deeper look into each platforms API.
As you said, writing for the platform directly and bypassing a extra
layer/dependency might be the better approach in the long run.

  - Graeme -