[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jan 10 12:17:46 CET 2011

Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/09/2011 11:44 AM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>>
>> I think it makes more sense to skip SDL and directly use the linux
>> framebuffer.
>
> Someone might want to use SDL controls together with Lazarus generated
> controls.
>
> A friend of mine did this (using Delphi and later - as he did not get it
> working with Lazarus for Linux) with Python. to create a graphical
> editor that does  graphic-card processor supported zoom and pan.

At which point presumably his code was- eventually- using something like
Linux DRI/DRM, which is only implemented for a comparatively small
number of graphics processors and which typically has additional
restrictions e.g. some minimum amount of on-card RAM. This is getting a
very long way from something which is guaranteed to run on almost any
system with minimal prerequisites.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk