[Lazarus] fpGUI

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:21:31 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-10 12:37, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
> Does this mean that _currently_ fpGUI projects' look and feel can't be
> designed with Lazarus, but needs to be done separately with a dedicated
> "fpGUI designer" software.

That's correct for pure fpGUI projects (no LCL involvement).

> I suppose this will create a resource file that can be integrated in a
> Lazarus project to create the pascal code and to do debugging. Correct ?

No, fpGUI's UI Designer generates actual source code (no external
resource files or extra *.lfm type files). The generated source code for
the UI is placed in a Form's method called AfterCreate(), that is
automatically called from the base Form's overridden AfterConstruction()
method - as the first line in that implementation.

So the UI initialization happens after the Form's constructor, but
before the form is shown.

> I suppose to do a full integration in Lazarus each FPGUI control would
> need an additional  - say - qt-compatible design-time implementation.
> Seems like a lot of work.

Lazarus does seem to have a relatively new feature in it's form
designer, where non-LCL form designers can be created, but I have no
idea how that works, or what is required to make it work.

> Any chance (for me) for doing this on a per-control basis when working
> with a newly started project ?

I guess you can, but I would simply use the existing form designer
included with fpGUI. I've been using it for two years with great success.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/