[Lazarus] fpGUI

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 10 12:20:37 CET 2011

Am 10.01.2011 12:09, schrieb Michael Schnell:
> On 01/10/2011 11:41 AM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
>>
>> No. It creates code in a 'AfterCreate' procedure to create the layout of
>> your form. (Well, partially. Not all properties can be set).
> Hmm. I understand from your words that "AfterCreate" is called as an
> event of the (main-) form. So some LCL based form creating code is run
> before. I suppose that the "AfterCreate" code reads some data
> (supposedly from a resource) when running and this resource will be
> created from some file generated by the fpGUI form designer.

No, you're wrong. "AfterCreate" is a virtual method of TfpgForm which is
overwritten by the designer. It uses fcl-passrc to parse the code and
recreates code again. No LCL involved in that process anywhere.

> So it seems to be no great problem to integrate the runtime code for
> this in the LCL's "fpGUI" Widget Type code so that it is not visible for
> the user any more (while of course integrating the fPGUI form designer
> into Lazarus seems a lot more work, as each control needs it's dedicated
> design time code.)

Ahm... in the LCL's fpGUI widget set the usual resource system of
Lazarus is used already. But a LCL-fpgui application <> pure fpgui
application (for the second one it's unimportant whether you use Lazarus
as "source editor" or not).

Regards,
Sven