[Lazarus] Status of GDB and Lazarus/FPC debugging threaded apps

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:51:06 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-10 16:41, Andrew Brunner het geskryf:
> Debugging under Linux (Ubuntu) is the largest development pain, and
> has persisted since I started cross platform development with
> FPC/Lazarus.  I was wondering what if anything could be done to get a
> bug report together and submit something to either GDB or X.org, or
> identify the source of the problem and resolve it so we can debug
> without having to restart the desktop manager.

I remember others complaining about this issue too. Not a solution but a
possible work-around would be to run 'xnest' and debug your application
inside the new display / window manager running inside xnest. That way
you don't have to kill your display :0 every time the window manager
freezes, but simply kill and restart xnest.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/