[Lazarus] Status of GDB and Lazarus/FPC debugging threaded apps

Andrew Brunner andrew.t.brunner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 16:40:03 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 9:17 AM,  <michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be> wrote:
> Well, since I exclusively work on Linux 64-bit, debugging works fine for me.

Well, if you just use the application thread I didn't have many
problems there in a while.  My issues are with debugging the threaded
network engine - when data arrives - app stops @ break point - I get
to trace two or three lines (typically at least one method in from
where I set bp)  - and the entire desktop locks up.

I have no problems with debugging the GUI app where the main
application thread is used.  This problem is thread specific.