[Lazarus] What are "widgets" in lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 12:23:20 CET 2011

Op 2011-01-11 12:19, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
> On 01/05/2011 11:39 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> In addition to nano-X you might want to take a look at Wayland, too:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_%28display_server_protocol%29

I'm looking forward to testing Wayland (apparently Ubuntu might switch
to it in a few years). I have high hopes for it - like real performance
improvements to bring the graphics system on par with everybody else,
like Mac and Windows systems (even a small OS like Haiku has better GUI
performance than Linux). As far as I'm concerned, Linux GUI is still
stuck in 1980's, as far as graphics goes. Wayland might just be the push
that Linux needs.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/