[Lazarus] Forum under attack

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 22:08:40 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <
felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:

> wow, the spammers are each time worse.
>
> We also get some spam daily, I think from spam accounts. Any ideas if
> something more could be done against the creation of spam accounts?

After reading the thread a thought came, not particularly solution about the
posted problem, but maybe for others.

There can be questions about the forum itself, for example
- the name of the last poster in Programming-Design section,
- the date of the last message in "bla bla bla" thread.
- the number of replies in "bla bla bla" thread

In this case the server part is very easy one, for any question it's just an
sql query (for whatever base the forum uses, mysql, postgresql) and the
result of the query is the word the user should enter. The format strings
for question can vary and evolve from time to time.

I know that this approach will require some skills from the user, but it
also can be considered a very basic iq test for membership ;)

Max Vlasov