[Lazarus] Namespace

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Jan 12 12:09:42 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Duplicate identifiers are used in the same unit in very rare cases only, so
> that normally a qualification is not necessary at all.

Rare cases because I can't use the identifiers TEdit, TButton, etc.
Then we always will have to invent prefixes for new widgets?

> When you have to use such identifiers, it doesn't matter whether you use
> unit or namespace names for disambiguation - you always have to qualify.
>
> Otherwise the "uses" clauses make any further qualification optional.

Yes, in my code... but I'm talk about the engine of Lazarus to write
code when we put a widget on the Form.
I proposed write the unit name (default is False, Michael said) to
qualifying the classes of widgets.

Marcos Douglas