[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Jan 12 13:15:10 CET 2011

On 01/12/2011 12:46 PM, Henry Vermaak wrote:

> What you are using now is the fpgui lcl interface.  This is why the
> lazarus form designer works.  This interface is not complete, so less
> things will work than using the fpgui designer.
I see. So I need to find the docs how to do a "pure" fpGUI project.
> How does a widgetset make a difference to TThread.Synchronize?
(Unfortunately,) the Event ("Message") Queue code is done in the Widget
Type source code, so it it does work, at all, fpGUI needs to feature
it's own implementation of same. (The reason is that "system-type"
messages like TTimer Events and Thread generated Events needs to be
mixed in a main-thread event queue together with GUI generated messages).

Thus the fpGUI implementation might be better than the gtk2 implementation.
> Is there a bug report for this?
I seem to remember that I found one in the bug tracker.
>> SendMessage -> Procedure ..Message (AFAIK, not working in the current
>> svn version of gtk2)
>
> I believe postmessage works in gtk2 now.
That would be great news. I'll give it another try. (And of course I'll
try it with fpGUI, once I was able top create a "pure" fpGUI application
to be sure that I in fact use the fpGUI based code)

-Michael