[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 18:26:58 CET 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>> Op 2011-01-12 14:15, Michael Schnell het geskryf:
>>>
>>> Take a look at any of the demos in the 'examples' directory. They are
>>> kept small and simple for a reason. You can also read Michael
>>> article/review regarding fpGUI at the following URL:
>>
>> Graeme (or anybody): is it possible to build Lazarus+fpGUI completely
>> from source, i.e. without having a working Lazarus as described at
>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpGUI_Interface
>
> I don't think so: LCL-fpGUI lacks way too much controls for the Lazarus IDE
> to be able to run.

Thanks Michael and Henry. I suspected that that would be the case but
was slightly confused by my recollection (perhaps erroneous) that the
widget set used by the IDE tracked the last one that was built. [Looks
carefully at options] OK, I think I see how things work. I just thought
I'd try in case it furnished a way of getting Lazarus working on Solaris.

Reverting to Linux and trying to build with fpGUI from inside the LCL, I
get stuck at

fpguiint.pp(42,12) Fatal: Can't find unit fpg_main used by fpguiint

Symlinks (3x) appear OK- have I missed something obvious like a prebuild
stage?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk