[Lazarus] fpGUI

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 20:46:41 CET 2011

On 12 January 2011 19:40, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
> Henry Vermaak wrote:
>
>>> Graeme (or anybody): is it possible to build Lazarus+fpGUI completely
>>> from source, i.e. without having a working Lazarus as described at
>>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/fpGUI_Interface
>>
>> You won't be able to compile lazarus itself using fpgui, but you can
>> certainly compile the lcl fpgui interface with make lcl LCL_PLATFORM=fpgui.
>
> So if I did that and also  make lazbuild  I might possibly get somewhere on
> Solaris 10 despite missing libraries which appear to preclude building the
> IDE.

I guess you'd be able to build a project that you've designed on
another machine that lazarus actually runs on.  Just using fpgui
directly with the fpgui designer is better, surely?

Henry