[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 12 21:45:51 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-12 at 19:40 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> So if I did that and also  make lazbuild  I might possibly get somewhere
>> on Solaris 10 despite missing libraries which appear to preclude
>> building the IDE.
>
> On a side note:
> I have never tested "pure" fpGUI on a Solaris system. If Solaris runs
> X11, it might just work. Platforms I have tested fpGUI on are: Linux,
> DesktopBSD, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, WinCE, and others have tested on
> ReactOS and Embedded Linux (Arm).

I'll see if I can get anywhere at all with it, but strictly in the
context of the LCL- at least at first. However as mentioned earlier I
seem to be having problems getting it going even on Linux/x86.

FPC runs pretty well on Solaris 10, it's got X with GTK2 but is missing
things that we're used to on Linux like libcairo. I'm not going to get
involved with grafting bits onto 10, I might investigate whatever
version OpenSolaris is at but only when some of the Oracle dust has settled.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk