[Lazarus] debugging with console output [Re: invisible break points??]

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Jan 14 14:37:56 CET 2011

On 01/13/2011 08:50 PM, Martin wrote:
> in rev 29002 a very basic solution has been applied.
>
> In the debugger option you can specify a tty (for in and output of
> your app)
> Default is /dev/null, and /dev/null is also used if the config doesn't
> exist (or isn't a tty)
>
> I am aware that isn't very comfortable. It is only a first step....

Great !

I see that here (Suse) tty1, tty2, tty3, tty4, tty5, and tty6 are
attached to the consoles I can switch to by alt-shift-F1, alt-shift-F2,
alt-shift-F3, alt-shift-F4, alt-shift-F5, and alt-shift-F6,

I suppose I can as well open a Terminal in the GUI and it will be
connected with a /dev/tty?? interface. How to find out which is used by
a Terminal Window to make use of it in the debugger ?

Thanks,
-Michael