[Lazarus] Setting up debugger in Lazarus?????

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Jan 15 12:19:04 CET 2011

On 15/01/2011 11:15, José Mejuto wrote:
> Hello Lazarus-List,
>
> Saturday, January 15, 2011, 10:32:54 AM, you wrote:
>
> BB>  But now when I try to set a breakpoint in my program code there is a
> BB>  pop-up telling me to set up a debugger first....
>
> SVN versions does not provide all binaries as platform dependent
> installers because SVN is platform independent ;)
>
> You only need to copy your gdb.exe from your previous Lazarus
> installation or download a gdb for your platform and setup it in the
> "Environment ->  Options ->  Debugger".

the gdb.exe was update in the meantime. So don't just copy.

Either download from mingw (google mingw and gdb) version 7.2,
Or svn from http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/lazarus/binaries

The svn is easier, since it contains the required extra library.

Both files go in the same folder (anywhere you like), then set it in
Environments options