[Lazarus] fpGUI for the LCL on x86 Linux, and standalone on SPARC Solaris 10

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jan 15 13:20:43 CET 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
>> /export/home/local-share/fpgui/fpgui-0.7/lib/sparc-solaris/fpg_x11.o(.text+0x10f0):> In function> `FPG_X11_TFPGX11APPLICATION_$__STARTCOMPOSING$TXEVENT$$LONGWORD':> : undefined reference to `Xutf8LookupString'>> plus three more referring to the same function. It looks as though that's> aliased straight into libX11, presumably Sun's X11 doesn't have the UTF8> entry points.
> The fpg_x11.pas unit also contains a XmbLookupString() functiondefinition - using the same parameters as the UTF8 function. In apinch, try and replace all the Xutf8LookupString calls with theXmbLookupString calls. Text input might give issues, but displayingtext and widget paint should still work.

OK, it compiles and runs with that hack- at least enough to prove the
concept. Icons on buttons representing controls are missing and text in
open file dialog is about 1pt (text on normal controls etc. OK)- I'm
definitely not trying to find fault here, since I think being able to
bring it up on a new OS that easily shows your code in a very favourable
light.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk