[Lazarus] Setting up debugger in Lazarus?????

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 15 14:11:38 CET 2011

On 15.01.2011 10:32, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Anyway, on the test PC this was never a problem, a breakpoint worked
> as I am used to from 15 years of Delphi development.

As the others already pointed you to the needed debugger I'll answer
this one.

It works in Delphi without any setup, because
1. it's a binary distribution (that is Lazarus' installer as well and
there it works ^^ )
2. Delphi includes it's own Object Pascal debugger which is a feature
Lazarus/Free Pascal can not yet provide, so we rely on a 3rd party open
source debugger called GDB. It's not as good as the Delphi debugger, but
often it's better than no debugger at all.

Regards,
Sven