[Lazarus] fpGUI for the LCL on x86 Linux, and standalone on SPARC Solaris 10

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 15 22:30:01 CET 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-15 at 12:20 +0000, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> OK, it compiles and runs with that hack- at least enough to prove the
> concept.

Thank for giving feedback on your progress - I'm glad I could help a
bit.

> definitely not trying to find fault here, since I think being able to
> bring it up on a new OS that easily shows your code in a very favourable
> light.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a SPARC system, so it will be up to
you if you want to take this further. I wonder if fpGUI will behave the
same on a x86 Solaris system - as it does on your SPARC Solaris system.
I'll see if I can download a OpenSolaris CD or something, though I have
never worked on Solaris either. I went to DistroWatch and read that
OpenSolaris is discontinue... is that only OpenSolaris, or Solaris (if
there still is a product like that) as well?

 - Graeme -