[Lazarus] Lazarus editor font height very small...

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Jan 16 11:36:58 CET 2011

Vladimir Zhirov wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> What would be helpful would be a scoring system: if any of the
>> developers knows that he's just checked something in that
>> might result in an inconsistency a branch (or tag etc.) gets
>> bumped from green to amber, or to red if he knows there's
>> something dodgy that will be fixed in a few minutes.
>
> I thought about something like this too. Plus svn trunk users
> could "vote for" revision they use if it is stable enough for
> them. These two measures combined would help users who want more
> stable IDE+LCL to jump between good revisions and avoid bad ones.
>
> The side effect though is that errors would be found later than
> sooner, i.e. the number of bad revisions would theoretically
> increase when using this approach.

I suspect that developers would be unhappy about something like that,
although that might be a gut rather than reasoned reaction.

Possibly the simplest thing would be if checkins wrote a timestamp to a
file in the branch/tag's root, that would mean that a client script
could hold off if it saw (for example) that there was an update less
than five minutes ago just in case it's part of a flurry of development
activity.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk