[Lazarus] fpGUI

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jan 16 19:04:39 CET 2011

On Sun, 16 Jan 2011 19:50:20 +0200
Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> * I can tweak a property value without having to switch to a UI Designer

OTOH: you have to write some code, instead of a few mouse clicks with
wysiswyg.

> * Lazarus IDE codefolds the AfterCreate method by default, so as not to
>   obfuscate my hand-written code. Thanks to whoever implemented regions.

Mostly Martin.

>[...]
> * Multiple forms in a single unit.

OTOH you have to select every time you open the designer which form to
edit. And multiple forms in a unit leads faster to bigger (unreadable)
units.

> * I'm able to use new or "unknown to the ui designer" components. No
>   extra install required [which could lead to a bugy UI designer].
>   Seeing that I have created so many gui components already, this is
>   very handy while developing those components.

This has to take extra care for references, otherwise you will loose
them without noticing.

> * A guaranteed creation order of components

Means?

> ...for more see my previous messages, I can't remember everything now.

Mattias