[Lazarus] fpGUI

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Mon Jan 17 10:18:02 CET 2011

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2011-01-17 09:33, Martin Schreiber het geskryf:
>> Graeme, - please, no offending meant -
>
> None taken.
>

>> fpGUI has implemented at the moment probably less than 50% of a good RAD
>> development environment like Lazarus, Delphi or MSEide+MSEgui.
>
> RAD is overrated (marketing speak) and only good for prototyping.

I beg to differ. When used properly, RAD is just that: RAD.
But it takes someone who knows what he's doing to properly set it up.

Out of the box, Delphi (or lazarus) needs a lot of work if you want
to use it for large applications. But with the right subclasses,
properties, wizards and component editors, RAD is the best you can
do to create applications quickly. Doubly so if your development team
consists of people of various skill levels.

It takes good care of the boilerplate work for you, and leaves you to
concentrate on the actual business logic.

Michael.