[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 17 10:57:57 CET 2011

On 01/17/2011 10:42 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> You still/again confuse or mix up fpGUI and LCL-fpGUI.
I just try to learn more about the differences and this is why I) asked
this question. As the same fpGUI name is used I suppose that at least
_some_ code is shared.

> The last one is still 100% LCL, just using fpGUI for actual controls,
> just like it does for GTK, GTK2, QT, Win32, etc.
I (think I) do understand this.
> So in other words: fpGUI couldn't care less how the controls are
> streamed, managed, whatever.
Obviously. My interpretation is that the two GUI designers, that of
course manage different types of control files and use different ways to
include the GUI design information in the runtime executable, in the end
use the same backend to paint the control elements.

I understand that the different provenience of the two "legacy" GUI
designers can/needs to be handled when integrating fpGUI into Lazarus.
And I feel that "in the end" both should result in a similar level of
perfection. This might mean that a rather large integration of them
could be desirable.

-Michael