[Lazarus] fpGUI

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Jan 17 11:48:36 CET 2011

On 01/17/2011 11:15 AM, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Eventually the LCL only uses widgetsets as a means to an end.
Yep. The Lazarus GUI designer (based on the "set of GUI controls" (might
be called Lazarus internal widget set) the LCL provides) only allows to
design according to the material included in the LCL, that for
portability is required to be compatible with all decent "Widget Types"
implemented. An external GUI designer can do more, as it uses and know
an external widget set it attaches or internally does all widgets at its
own will.

So I myself am more interested in an fpGUI Widget Type  that is as much
compatible / portable regarding the other "decent" widget Type, but I do
see that the other fpGUI incarnation might be very viable, as well.

-Michael