[Lazarus] Lazarus editor font height very small...

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jan 17 17:26:19 CET 2011

On 17/01/2011 15:57, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 18:02:44 +0100, Bo Berglund
> <bo.berglund at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I installed Lazarus on my WinXP virtual machine from the fixes_30
>> branch a couple of weeks ago, but have not used it yet (Xmas and all).
>> Now I just started and found that I needed to set the editor up for my
>> usual look.
>> One thing that is very strange is the font size, when I set it to 10,
>> like I usually do in Delphi, the text is nearly invisibly small!
> So this turned out to be a bug in the 9_30 fixes branch...
A regression? That is it wasn't in 0.9.28.2?
Or a normal bug? Like one of the many other bugs that have not yet been
fixed, and will not be fixed for 0.9.30?
> By setting a different size number than I usually do the editor is
> working fine as far as I can see.
> Do you know if the font issue is solved by now (on the fixes branch)
> so I can update from SVN and rebuild?

Has this bug ever been reported on mantis? In regards with Win-XP =>
there was an issue with gtk2

Also to clarify, you mean:
- the current Lazarus displays a font that is set to 10, differently
than the released Lazarus 0.9.28(.2) did?
- or: Lazarus displays a font that is set to 10, differently than Delphi
(or whatever your app of reference is)?

If it is the 2nd: A font has a height and a Size.  Height=10 differs
from Size=10.
I don't currently know, if in Lazarus you use the Height or Size, and I
do not know what Delphi or other apps do...

There is however: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=17694
(which is affecting win too). So depending how you set the font size,
you may experience this bug.