[Lazarus] GUI Front-end to Windows console application???

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:52:58 CET 2011

On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 23:02:03 +0100, Bo Berglund
<bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 22:02:32 +0100, Sven Barth
><pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 13.01.2011 21:47, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>>
>>> Any pointers to how this can be done appreciated.
>>>

>>You could use TProcess for this (found in unit "process").
>>
>>It's documentation is here:
>>http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/fcl/process/tprocess.html
>>
>>And on the Wiki are examples for using it:
>>http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Executing_External_Programs
>>
>>I hope this helps you further (if not feel free to ask, of coures :) ).
>>
>>Regards,
>>Sven
>
>Thanks Sven!
>This is exactly what I was looking for! :-)
>Good examples too.

I have used this for my test program and there was an annoying thing
that I had to fix:
Whenever I call the Execute method a black console window pops up and
since I use pipes there is nothing shown in this window.

To stop this from happening I set the ShowWindow property to swoHIDE.

So far so good, but when I read the help on TProcess it says that this
property applies only to Windows. So what happens on Linux?
Will the console show up on screen then?
Or is it automatically hidden in Linux?

Can't test myself because I am on Windows XP.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden