[Lazarus] fpGUI

Andreas Schneider aksdb at gmx.de
Wed Jan 19 12:47:33 CET 2011

 On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:02:09 +0100, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 01/17/2011 08:07 PM, Marco van de Voort wrote:
>>
>>> Although I'm not that a big fan of the move, I won't be pessimistic
>>> about it. :P
>> For e.g. webapps it is IMHO perfectly fine.
> But Delphi Prism would be just as fine and still be preserve some
> Object Pascal competence.

 It's still important (as a company) to think about the future. Yes, it
 may be better/easier for your current employees who worked with Delphi
 to switch to Prism and have .NET with a slightly lesser learning curve.
 But what about new employees? What if you need external consultants
 etc.? It's a *lot* easier to find C# (Java, C++ ... even Python)
 developers than Delphi developers. Does that say anything about their
 quality? Ofcourse not, but for an HR department it's important to have a
 huge pool of candidates, otherwise their (often strict and nearly blind)
 processes fail.

 Also: C# isn't that huge of a step from Delphi. You really can see that
 a former Borland designer was responsible for the initial language and
 IDE.