[Lazarus] Where is a list of valid options for lazarus make?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 19:29:45 CET 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:10:18 +0100 (CET), Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:

>For all others:
>When you want to install a package like sqldb, use the IDE for that. The 'make'
>commands can only install two fixed sets of standard packages - the minimal
>(default) and the one used by the official binaries (bigide).
>
>Once you installed the package, you can use the make and lazbuild commands to
>recompile.
>Same for uninstalling a package.

FWIW:
I followed Sven Barth's advice in my other thread:
<quote>
I personally don't know whether bigide is the correct approach (I
don't
know whether it installs ALL available packages or only those
selected).

I'd suggest you the following (Note: the mentioned captions might only
be similar to yours, because I'm using a German Lazarus):
Go to "Packages=>Configure installed packages" and search whether
SQLDBLaz is in "installed" or in "not installed".
If it's in the second one, then select and and click "install
selected".
Then you just do a "Save and recompile IDE".
If the package is listed in the list of installed packages, but with a
plus in the icon you need to rebuild your IDE from within the IDE (you
can either trigger a change in that dialog to enable "save and
recompile
IDE" or you can just use "Tools=>Recompile IDE".
</quote>
Worked fine to give me the SQLdb tab.

--
Bo Berglund